The third annual Channel Triathlon will be held on September 13th 2020.
The event is centred around the Folkestone Harbour Arm which has been redeveloped into an extremely popular modern-day pier attracting crowds of visitors for its entertainment, restaurants and bars – a fantastic unique setting for a triathlon.
The 2020 Channel Triathlon offers additional and greater challenges in 2020 which will also be a fantastic spectator event.
After a very successful Channel Triathlon 2019 which attracted over 200
triathletes, booking opened immediately for the 2020 Triathlon.
We have added a Half-Ironman and Open Water Swim challenges.
About the Channel Tri
The Channel Tri blends the attractive development of the Folkestone Sea
Front and Harbour Arm, with the adjacent sea coast and surrounding
peaceful countryside, to provide an ideal location for the newly created Channel Triathlon.
Approved by the British Triathlon Federation and professionally managed by TRI SPIRIT EVENTS of Ashford, Kent on behalf of Channel Rotary Club, it offers a challenge to triathletes of all levels:
• A Half-Ironman – 70.3 miles (113.0 km) event: 1.2-mile/1.9 km swim, a 56-mile/90 km bike ride, and a 13.1-mile/21.1 km run.
Each distance of the swim, bike, and run segments is half the distance of that segment in an Ironman Triathlon. An individual challenge or a team event, one athlete taking each element as a relay.
• Standard and Sprint (shorter distance for each leg) formats.
• Team event – one athlete for each leg of the triathlon.
• A ‘no-run’ option for those who prefer not to run – Aquabike!
• Open water swim – 1.9K, 1.5K and 750 metres