Thank you for volunteering to support the vaccination centre at the Debenhams store in central Folkestone.
You are volunteering to assist at the Vaccination Centre organised by the Kent Community Health NHS Foundation Trust who are responsible for the safe running of this Centre.
You may park in the town centre Sainsbury’s car park free of charge but please use the top level. The barrier will be up for exit.
Unfortunately, we don’t have duty manager details for each day at the site as it is constantly changing, however, the site will be expecting you so if you present yourself on arrival that will be fine. You should go upstairs to sign in and also sign out when you leave at the end of your shift.
When onsite, your role will be that of a marshal which may involve in/outdoor work so we recommend bringing/wearing warm comfortable clothes and also bring a hi vis jacket if possible, if you don’t have one, not to worry.
You will be allocated a role by an orange vest marshal such as:
- Welcoming guests outside the main entrance and checking that they have a booking reference and that they are in good health. No reference, no jab!
- Maintaining the queue outside the main entrance in line (a snake line outside the front of the shop) Ensuring people are at least two metres apart (they normally are not!) and again checking that they have a booking reference and that they are in good health.
- Welcoming guests just inside the main entrance
- Monitoring the indoor queues and maintaining the 2 metre distance and identifying those who may need extra support.
- Sending guests to administrators from the queue (to be formally checked in), and wiping down chairs/desks between
- Sending guests to the vaccinators as and when one is free (to have their jabs)
- Minding the exit area [note steep ramp for wheelchairs]
Refreshment facilities will be available on site provided by the Salvation Army. In terms of PPE, masks are available onsite; however bring your own.
Thank you so much for your support.